Pittsburgh-area Lawyers Seek Damages in Wrongful Death Actions
Dedicated attorneys assist clients from offices in Allison Park and Coraopolis
An untimely death changes a family forever and when someone else is responsible for the tragic loss, the pain can be even worse. Nothing can undo what’s happened, but Pennsylvania law does provide a legal remedy for the beneficiaries of the victim’s estate. With two locations in the Pittsburgh area, Fingeret Law delivers professional representation and service to clients seeking compensation in wrongful death claims. With offices in Allison Park and Coraopolis, our experienced advocates handle litigation stemming from vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and other incidents in which negligence or intentional misconduct is fatal. Our experienced attorneys can determine if an actionable claim exists and pursue reimbursement for funeral and medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and other damages authorized by the state’s wrongful death statute.
Skillful firm handles cases involving various types of fatal incidents
Wrongful death lawsuits are typically filed by the personal representative of the victim’s estate on behalf of surviving beneficiaries. We conduct a thorough investigation and prepare a comprehensive case to hold negligent parties accountable for all types of fatalities, including those caused by:
- Vehicle accidents — After a deadly auto accident, our lawyers deal with insurance claims and litigation to help obtain a measure of justice for loved ones left behind.
- Medical malpractice — It can be very difficult to determine if medical malpractice played a role when someone dies while in treatment. No matter the specific circumstances, we have the resources to decide if legal relief is available.
- Unsafe premises — Poor security, bad lighting or even an unsafe walking surface might have deadly consequences. After examining the relevant facts, we take steps to hold the responsible parties accountable.
- Nursing home abuse — As accomplished elder law attorneys, we know how to distinguish a natural death in a nursing home from one caused by a breach of the duty of care.
- Defective products — If someone close to you died due to a faulty prescription drug or a machine that did not work properly, we’ll take on manufacturers, designers, sellers and anyone else who might be responsible for the defective product.
Dealing with the impact of a loved one’s death can be overwhelming, but delaying legal action can weaken the chance of achieving a favorable result. The statute of limitations requires lawsuits to be filed within two years of the decedent’s death. Seeking qualified legal assistance promptly gives you the best chance to gather relevant evidence and identify key witnesses and to file a timely case.
Experienced advocates work to maximize recoveries for surviving loved ones
Monetary damages are available for expenses and economic losses attributable to the fatal incident. Our firm pursues full compensation for clients through a verdict or settlement, including payment of funeral expenses, medical bills incurred up until the time of death and wages and benefits that the victim would have earned over their lifetime. Spouses, children and parents of the decedent can also recover payment to compensate them for the loss of companionship, moral guidance and household services that resulted from the death.
Contact a proven Pittsburgh-area lawyer to discuss a potential wrongful death claim
Fingeret Law represents clients in Pennsylvania wrongful death litigation arising from auto accidents, medical malpractice and other types of fatal harm. To schedule a consultation at our Allison Park or Coraopolis office, please call 412-254-8533 or contact us online.